I have been feeling more confident with my blog content, so I thought I could start doing Monthly wrap ups. These wrap ups are a great way to keep track of everything I have read, watched and done over the past month.
Lately, most of my content has been book related so my mission is to get more film and TV blog posts going up too. Even though I haven’t wrote anything about Films or TV in the past month, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t watched anything…on the contrary. This is when I should warn you….that I’m a TV addict. #NetflixIsBae
Anyway, this is what I have been up to in January.
- Skeletal by Emma Pullar (E-book)
- Her Last Lie by Amanda Brittany (E-book)
- The Intruder by P.S. Hogan (ARC)
- Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed (Paperback)
- Big Bones by Laura Dockrill (ARC)
- The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven (ARC) – Re Read
Reading wasn’t perfect, but wasn’t bad either. I’m quite happy that I read 5 new books and re-read another one. This time last year I had only read one, so definitely some improvement here. However, I have only wrote one review. Definitely need to improve my reading/review ratio.
So far I have not read anything for my Beat The Backlist Reading Challenge. I’m hopping to change that in February (Sorry Book Bards).
- The Greatest Showman (Cinema)
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Cinema)
- Coco (Cinema)
- Moana (Sky)
- A Street Cat Named Bob (Sky)
- Get Hard (Netflix)
- Maze Runner (DVD) – Re watched
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (Netflix) – Re watched
- Love, Rosie (Netflix) – Re watched
- Step Sisters (Netflix)
- Rip Tide (Netflix)
- The Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Cinema)
- Acid Attack: My Story (BBC iPlayer)
- Pain and Gain (Netflix) – Re watched
I haven’t watched as many films as I normally do. This month, I didn’t had the time to go for a big marathon day at the Cinema. Also I wasn’t very good at keeping track of what I have been watching, so I feel that I’m missing a few films.
I shall add that I’m a very lucky person, as I have a Cineworld unlimited card and one of my besties works for Odeon, so I actually don’t spend that much money in the cinema as may look like.
- Surgeons: At The Edge Of Life (BBC) – All 3 Episodes
- One Bad Choice (Netflix) – All of Season 1
- Inside No9 (BBC) – All of Season 1 – New
- Criminal minds (CBS) – Season 13 – Episodes 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) – Season 14 – Episodes 09 and 10
- Scandal (ABC) – Season 7 – Episodes 08 and 09
- Riverdale (The CW) – Season 2 – Episodes 10, 11 and 12
- The Good Place (NBC) – Season 02 – Episodes 08, 09, 10 and 11
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (FOX) – Season 5 – Episodes 10 and 11
- Black Mirror (Netflix) – All of Season 4
- Brittania (SKY Atlantic) – Season 1 – Episodes 01, 02, 03 – New
- Blindspot (NBC) – Season 3 – Episodes 09, 10 and 11
- Chicago Fire (NBC) – Season 6 – Episodes 07, 08, 09 and 10
- Chicago PD (NBC) – Season 5 – Episodes 10, 11, 12 and 13
- Chicago Med (NBC) – Season 3 – Episodes 05, 06, 07 and 08
- Lucifer (FOX) – Season 3 – Episodes 11, 12 and 13
- Modern Family (ABC) – Season 9 – Episodes 11, 12 and 13
- The Fosters (Freeform) – Season 5 – Episodes 10 and 11
- Van Helsing (SyFy) – Season 2 – Episodes 1 and 2 – Quit
I haven’t watched any episodes of Jane The Virgin and How To Get Away with Murder, making me quite behind on those shows. Hoping to catch up soon. I’m also a few episodes behind with The Fosters but that would be easier to catch up. I’m quite happy that most of the other shows are on track.
At the minute, I’m enjoying what I have watched so far from Brittania so I will give the show a proper go. I also started watching Inside No9, as my bestie recommended it to me, and I really enjoyed the first series so far. It’s an anthology series so you don’t need to watch it in order.
Unfortunately, I won’t be watching Van Helsing anymore. I watched two episodes of the new season and just got bored. This tends to happen to a lot of SyFy shows that I watch, things just seem to get sloppy after the first season.
Walker YA Preview Evening – I had the absolute pleasure to be invited to my first Bloggers Event! To top it all off it was with Walker YA, which publishes some of my favourite YA books. We all had a lovely goodie bag and got to listen to the publicists and editors talking about the upcoming Walker YA books. Also got to listen to Tom Pollock talk about his book White Rabbit, Red Wolf. He is so lovely, and we got to talk a bit about mental health while he was signing my proof copy, as is one of the central themes of the book.
I keep saying to everyone, that if publishers just keep giving us amazing books and feeding us, we will be very happy bloggers.
Transworld Publicity Work Experience – I was very lucky to get a week’s work experience with the Publicity Department at Transworld. I will have a post coming up about my week there and answering some of the questions people have about it. So keep your eyes peeled.
Deliciously Ella Free Breakfast – I nabbed 2 tickets to go try some of the Deliciously Ella’s breakfasts at her Deli in Herne Hill. Me and my best friend wanted to go for ages so this was the perfect excuse to finally go. The weather was awful but the deli is so nice. Oh and the people are so lovely. We were able try a few different things, from her cereals to her avocado toast. It was all so yummy. We also bought some cake and Hot Chocolate. I have to say their Hot Chocolate with almond milk is the best! Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. Can’t wait to go try the lunches one day.
Autism Focused Lush Tour – My friend Savan is a British Asian Autistic Content Creator and got invited to do an Autism focused tour at the Oxford Street Lush Store. He was very kind to ask me to come along and help him with the filming for his Youtube Channel. The video won’t be up until World Autism Awareness Week which is from the 26th of March to the 2nd of April. So go subscribe as he creates awesome content and also raises a lot of Autism awareness.
So these are my highlights for January 2018! It was a fabulous month and can’t wait to see what February brings.
How was your January? Did you read as much as you wanted? Are your all caught up with your TV Shows?
May February be full of adventures…and pancakes!